As I promised, we are be monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation. As circumstances change we are adjusting and taking the necessary precautions to protect and safeguard our Holyland Catholic Parishes community.
We now know that the virus is spreading to Fond du Lac County. Therefore, we need to act with an abundance of caution.
Below are the following decisions I have made after consulting the relevant people.
1. The First Communion Retreat scheduled for Saturday, March 14 has been canceled. Parents may pick up the banner and candle kits at 8:00 AM at Saint John the Baptist school building to work with their children at homes.
2. As there are a few classes left we are canceling religious education for the remainder of the year.
3. The Reconciliation Services for Elementary and High School Religious Education students and the parish Reconciliation Service are canceled.
4. The Saint Isidore the Farmer Brat Fry scheduled for Sunday, March 15 has been canceled. We will look for another date in the summer.
5. The Social for our Holyland Catholic Parishioners at Villa Loretto scheduled for Monday, March 16 is cancelled.
6. Milwaukee Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women (MACCW) Meeting scheduled for Monday, March 23 is cancelled.
7. The Easter Fair scheduled for Sunday, March 29 has been canceled.
8. The Mass with Anointing of the Sick scheduled for Thursday, April 2 has been cancelled.
9. Archbishop Jerome Listecki has dispensed Catholics from the obligation to participate in Mass for the next three weekends. We will still be maintaining our regular Mass schedule.
10. As of now, First Communion and Confirmation will go on as scheduled.
If there are any additional measures or changes I will continue to update you. Let us ask God and our Blessed Mother to protect us, especially the elderly.
Fr. Gary Wegner